Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bit of a tear jerker.................


If there were a better way to weight the push up, we'd never have to bench press. But, seeing as it may be difficult to load 2 to 3 hundred pounds on our backs the bench press is the best way to load the upper body and get a good neuroendocrine response. Yes, we do need to bench sometimes! This is in order to cover one of all the angles that keep the shoulder stable.
"Mod Lynne"
5 rounds
round 1-2
12 - 85lb Bench
15 - pull-ups
round 3 & 5
10 - 85lb Bench
15 - pull-ups
round 4
9 - 85lb Bench
15 - pull-ups

My pull-ups were not continuous. (Lynne is max continuous pull-ups & max BW Bench) I had 15 pu's in my head and got them done anyway I could (a few breaks). My hands were killing before I started so it was a big mental game for me today, it was tough. CrossFit makes you experience all different emotions in different “WOD’s” today was the tear jerker! If you train in CrossFit I think you know what I’m talking about. There is no easy way to get strong, fit and healthy if you are doing workouts that you don’t fear a little it is probably not doing anything for you.


"I fear no man but I fear my workout. If I don't fear my workout, it isn't hard enough."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I like your comments about the bench so true. Nice job Mia!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mia. That is a great picture, worth a thousand words.

Anonymous said...

Regardless of your pain you put in a great effort.